Sildenafil review. Sildenafil is a chemical compound that was initially developed for studying high blood pressure, though now it is primarily studied for erectile dysfunction. It is also researched in animals for pulmonary arterial hypertension and, interestingly, altitude sickness. Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor has been shown in animal models to increase blood flow to the pelvic region and penis during sexual stimulation, resulting in a sustained erection.
In this article, we will discuss the chemical structure, synthesis, mechanism of action, and metabolism of sildenafil in animal models. These are important things to know before you buy sildenafil for sale online.
Sildenafil has the chemical name 1-[[3-(6,7-dihydro-1-methyl-7-oxo-3-propyl-1H-pyrazolo[4,3-d]pyrimidin-5-yl)-4-ethoxyphenyl]sulfonyl]-4-methylpiperazine. The molecular formula is C22H30N6O4S, and its molecular weight is 474.58 g/mol. The chemical structure of sildenafil consists of a pyrazolopyrimidine ring system, an ethoxyphenylsulfonamide group, and a piperazine ring.
Sildenafil was first synthesized in 1989 by a group of pharmaceutical researchers. The synthesis of sildenafil involves several steps, starting with the reaction of 4-ethoxybenzoic acid with thionyl chloride to form the corresponding acid chloride. This is then reacted with 3-propyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydro-pyrazolo[4,3-d]pyrimidin-7-one to form the key intermediate 7-(2-ethoxy-5-(4-methylpiperazin-1-yl)sulfonylphenyl)-1,3-dihydro-2H-pyrazolo[4,3-d]pyrimidin-5-one. This intermediate is then further reacted with methyl iodide to form sildenafil. Sildenafil for sale is generally in the citrate salt form as sildenafil citrate.
In animal models, sildenafil is rapidly absorbed after oral administration, with a bioavailability of approximately 40%. It is metabolized primarily in the liver by the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, specifically by the CYP3A4 isoenzyme. Sildenafil is metabolized into two primary metabolites, UK-103,320 and UK-103,421, both of which are pharmacologically inactive. These metabolites are excreted in the feces and urine.
Mechanism of Action
Sildenafil works by inhibiting the activity of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5), an enzyme that breaks down cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP, cyclic GMP) in the corpus cavernosum of the penis, based on animal models. In said animal studies, during sexual stimulation, nitric oxide is released from nerve endings and endothelial cells in the corpus cavernosum of the penis, which stimulates the production of cGMP. cGMP causes the smooth muscles in the corpus cavernosum to relax, thus allowing blood to flow into the penis and produce an erection. In short, the PDE5 enzyme breaks down cGMP, which results in the loss of the erection in animal studies. Sildenafil inhibits the PDE5 enzyme, allowing cGMP to accumulate and maintain the blood volume necessary for an erection.
Sildenafil Review Conclusion
Sildenafil is a chemical compound that increases blood flow to the pelvic region, specifically to the penis, based on animal studies. Research shows that it works by inhibiting the activity of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5), resulting in increased blood flow to the penis and a sustained erection during sexual stimulation. Sildenafil is rapidly absorbed after oral administration and is metabolized primarily in the liver by the cytochrome P450 enzyme system in animal models. Animal models have been used extensively to study the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of sildenafil and have provided valuable insights into its metabolism and potential applications for further research in various conditions.
Where to buy Sildenafil online?
Finding a reliable source for high quality sildenafil for sale can be difficult. Most vendors source adrafinil powders from China and do not pay enough attention to purity and quality. Most vendors also do not third party test their products and they are often contaminated with residual solvents or other contaminants. ELV Bioscience has the highest quality USA made sildenafil liquid for sale, and sildenafil powder for sale. ELV Bioscience ensures that each batch of adrafinil is screened by a third party for purity and contaminants. Only buy adrafinil from a reputable vendor for your research needs.
- Boolell, M., Allen, M. J., Ballard, S. A., Gepi-Attee, S., Muirhead, G. J., & Naylor, A. M. (1996). Sildenafil: an orally active type 5 cyclic GMP-specific phosphodiesterase inhibitor for the treatment of penile erectile dysfunction. International Journal of Impotence Research, 8(Suppl 2), S47-S52. doi: 10.1038/icp.1996.13
- Guay, A. T. (2001). Sildenafil citrate for erectile dysfunction in men with diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors: a retrospective analysis of pooled data from placebo-controlled trials. Current Therapeutic Research, 62(9), 556-567. doi: 10.1016/S0011-393X(01)80037-7
- Jackson, G. (2002). Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors in the management of erectile dysfunction: an overview. World Journal of Urology, 20(6), 382-387. doi: 10.1007/s00345-002-0260-6
- Kloner, R. A. (2004). Cardiovascular effects of the 3 phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors approved for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Circulation, 110(19), 3149-3155. doi: 10.1161/01.CIR.0000147232.30225.F1
- Kukreja, R. C., & Salloum, F. N. (2002). Pharmacology and clinical implications of sildenafil in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, 3(3), 293-306. doi: 10.1517/146565126.96.36.1993
- Miano, J. M. (2004). Animal models of erectile dysfunction. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 1(3), 311-316. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2004.10110.x
- Padma-Nathan, H. (2002). Sildenafil citrate (Viagra) in erectile dysfunction: near normalization in men with broad-spectrum erectile dysfunction compared with age-matched healthy control subjects. Urology, 60(2 Suppl 2), 28-38. doi: 10.1016/s0090-4295(02)01441-2
- Wang, T., Yi, L., Liu, C., Li, X., Su, K., & Li, J. (2013). Sildenafil improves the exercise capacity of rats with pulmonary hypertension. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 6(1), 213-216. doi: 10.3892/etm.2013.1076
- CLICK HERE